1. Which of the following third-generation antiepileptic drugs (AEDs) is FDA approved as monotherapy for focal epilepsy?
1. Serrano E, Kanner AM. Recent treatment advances and novel therapeutic approaches in epilepsy. F1000Prime Rep. 2015 May 26;7:61.
2. Bates K. Epilepsy: current evidence-based paradigms for diagnosis and treatment. Prim Care. 2015 Jun;42(2):217-232.
3. Levenson M, et al. Statistical review and evaluation: anti-epileptic drugs and suicidality. US Food and Drug Administration. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. Office of Translational Science. Office of Biostatistic. May 28, 2008. Accessed August 11, 2015 at: http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/08/briefing/2008-4372b1-01-FDA.pdf
4. Kwan P, Brodie MJ. Early identification of refractory epilepsy. N Engl J Med. 2000 Feb 3;342(5):314-319.
5. Lima PA, et al. Neurobiochemical mechanisms of a ketogenic diet in refractory epilepsy. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2014 Dec;69(10):699-705.